Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a Glorious Love It Is!

1John4:11-12

"Dear friends since God so loved us, we ought to also love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

When I read the above passage I instantly recognize these words to be true. I think about how this has been revealed in my own life. A few years ago, our family was struggling desperately with my health and all the challenges this created. We felt overwhelming despair and very real fear for our future. This was one of the darkest times along our journey and strangely enough became one of my most beautiful memories. When life was the bleakest for us, our community (Seeds) walked along side us. It would be difficult with mere words to describe all the ways this happened. It would be impossible to list all the help and support. These offerings of love were sometimes our only connection to God. So many times the only way I could find God was to look into the eyes of someone here on Earth. This period of time became pivotal in my recovery. I could gather strength both physically and spiritually. I often think about what could have possibly motivated the people in our lives. There was no hope from the medical community; there was no way we were ever going to repay all the kindness we received. The only answer that makes sense is that because God lives in the people at Seeds (and indeed all of us) his love is made complete. And what a glorious love it is!

Posted by Bev Cornelson

0 comments:

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template