Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thankful Dependence

Psalm 40
 
I find this to be a very powerful Psalm. 
We are given choices as citizens of God's Kingdom on earth.
Choosing Christ or choosing the world to help us in our times of need. And how God is faithful to walk us through the resulting consequences of those choices be they good or be they bad.
I know that I have in my life depended on the world when I should have been falling into Gods' arms but have been given enough grace in Christ's love that He has led me back to the path He has set before me. And each and every time He set me right, my faith was built up, my footing a little more sure, and my praise a little louder.
David is clearly rejoicing and giving thanks to the Lord for lifting him out of a time of trial and trouble. Realizing that God was faithful to hear his cries of  despair and scoop him up and place Him on solid footing once again, all these things the Lord did so that the people might 'see' and 'fear', not David, but the Lord himself. David is so thankful that he can not contain his praise and publicly declares his love and faith in Christ so that others may hear his testimony and see the Lord through Davids life.  
(vs.10) "I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly."
That verse is  one that God really made clear to me as I was going over this passage. The calling to share our testimonies of faith with one another in small or large numbers is another way in which our gratitude becomes our worship. Revealing God to one another and publicly giving thanks not only glorifies the Kings of Kings but also reveals that we are growing in our faith walk with Christ. That we can share how God has moved a mountain, or a mole hill for us. Both worthy of equal praise. How we may be in the midst of a battle whether physical or spiritual and we are choosing to praise God for being in that battle for us fighting in our name so that we might experience His supernatural peace and joy in the midst of it.
I believe that what David now believes about God and for the future is based on his past history with God. Everything he has experienced of God's presence and power in his life, he knows he can count on again when things are overwhelming. He is confident that God will preserve him, guard him. God's faithful love, will never waver, even through terrible circumstances. David is choosing to build his life on what the Bible says; that is what guards him and preserves him. I think when we are down and in the mud and pit of despair that is what we need as well. To think back over time to the many places God has delivered us and just start giving thanks. Nothing speaks to me more loudly than when I am humbled in faith by all the Lord has done for me.  This is my choice of faith, I will look above my circumstances to who God is and how God is going to intervene in my life.
When we experience God working in our lives we are changed. We desire to please God to worship Him, to share Him with others in our lives. Our encounters with The One True God who acts and saves do not leave us untouched. 
I don't want to remain untouched by this God.
Thank you Father that I may publicly declare my thankful dependence on You in every single area of my life.  
 
Posted by: Michelle Sawatzky  :)

1 comments:

Granny And Papa on March 3, 2009 at 2:02 PM said...

Shelly, thank you fo sharing this..
it truly is great to be reminded of our Father's love and forgiving hear, so often we forget to lean on HIM instead of the world. Blessings to you..... mom

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template