Friday, March 27, 2009

sweet incense rising

incense.jpg

 

Reading Psalm 141 through the lens of offering, I’ve been asking God to reveal to me what his words are for me today.  I can identify with the psalmist in the first two verses, as I often appeal to the Lord to hear me and recognize me.

 

But he brought my attention to the words in verse 3:  “Post a guard at my mouth, God, set a watch at the door of my lips.  Don’t let me so much as dream of evil or thoughtlessly fall into bad company”.  It feels like a call to be alert, but also a reminder to ask for help and be prepared.  How often have I said something, only to think it over later and regret what I said?  Or how about the times when I hear words escaping my lips and I wish I could take them back immediately, but of course it’s too late?

 

What if I asked God to post a guard at my mouth?  What if I asked him to set a watch that every word must pass through before it is spoken?  What if my words were an offering to him?  His words to me when I ask these questions is “that would bless Me, and bless others”.  With those words in mind, that’s what I’ll take with me for today.  And pray that my prayers are as sweet incense rising. (v.2)

 

Posted by Candice Letkeman

 

0 comments:

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template