Friday, March 6, 2009

safe from enemy number one


Psalm 18

God is … the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight (v.1)


I love imagining myself in scripture. It was easy to do in the opening lines of this Psalm. Pictures of castles and knights and the overwhelming sense of safety that the words brought made me want to carry those words with me all day.

This is a song of praise that David sang to the Lord after he had been saved from “all his enemies and from Saul”. That made me think that Saul was set apart from all his enemies. Which made me start to think about my enemies. Who are they … no, what are they. I have to go back to that castle, that safe hideout, where I can once again examine this idea in a safe place. I have done this before. My enemy wants to keep me away from God. My enemies are usually lies that I believe about myself. I have at times seen them, named them, been given victory over them. Right now in the castle I am safe from them. In the castle I can place the broken pieces of my life before God so he can make my life complete … I can open the book of my heart to his eyes so he can rewrite the text of my life (v 20-24).

Nothing is a match for the One who rescues me and protects me, and with David, I give thanks to God and find myself safe and loved.

Posted by

Candice

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, never noticed that verse before...love the imagery of the castle and being under his majestic protection.

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template