Friday, March 20, 2009

Psalm 42 - Let it all out

Honestly, I didn't know what to write when I read this psalm. I
guess that could be why I'm submitting it a day late. (Sorry about
that.)
I was going to write about the statement the author says twice in the
psalm. "...my enemies continually taunt me saying, Where is this God
of yours?" That takes me back to times when terrible things happen to
good people. When people who honour God and are a shining example to
others, are most affected by some kind of tragedy... Times like this
we wonder, why God would let such a horrible thing happen to a member
of his flock.
But that's really not the point of this psalm. Instead it's the
honesty on display. "O God my rock... why have you forsaken me?" the
author asks.
The beauty of this psalm is that it shows we can put our own raw
emotions out there to God.
God wants to hear us shout out our praise, but He also wants to hear
us loudly tell him our doubts, and show him not only joy, but sadness,
anger, and pain.
This psalm paints the picture of a devastated person. But even in his
pain he has the answer repeated in verse 5 and 11.
"... I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Saviour
and my God!
Let's step into that room of grace, be honest with God, and really
put our hope in Him!
Submitted by Greg Vandermeulen

0 comments:

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template