Monday, October 27, 2008

Seeing outside yourself...

Hands on Blog Entry – 10/27/08

 

Scripture passage – Isaiah 58:6-9

 

What do you want to highlight Jesus?

Verse 6 (The Message) – "This is the kind of fast day I'm after…"

 

Homeless Vet (film) by Steven McDonald.

 

How does this apply to my life Jesus?

So often you focus on what you're looking for…and your own perspective is all you see. Most times, your ego gives you a blind eye to seeing things as others see them or as I desire you to see them. This passage is a call to the kind of fasting that I desire – not the fasting that you choose. You choose fasting for a day or two days, whether it's from media, food, or something else you're obsessed with. The fasting I ask you to take part in is about a new lifestyle and a new way of seeing.

 

What do you want to say to me today?

Ask me about this. When you wake up, ask me what kind of fast day I'm after. I will show you. It will always call you to a greater level of service & sacrifice…and will always yield a return much greater than what you give. Remember that the fast I ask you to take on is about your freedom and, in turn, the freedom of those around. And if you say no to my invitation to fast, be assured there will be many more opportunities. The sooner you say yes, the sooner your freedom will arrive.

 

Who do you want me to connect with today?

I want you to connect with those who are outsiders. Befriend them, love them, teach them, and learn from them. They have much to show you.

 

Posted by Donovan Bergman

Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how

1 comments:

Andrea on October 28, 2008 at 11:44 AM said...

loved reading your post today dono!

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template