Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Remain in Me

John 15 5-7 (NIV) says:

"I am the vine you are the branches.  If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers such branches are thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you."

 

Life is crazy.  Sometimes it can become a competition to see who is busiest and most involved.  Ever since I was healed I have felt like I am feasting at a banqueting table, I want to taste and savor every morsel of life,  I don't want to miss a moment and indeed want to make up for time lost.  Jesus challenges me with the words from Psalm 46 "Be still and know that I am God." He is found in the stillness of each day I know if I sit in that stillness Jesus will speak from his heart to mine.  The above passage from John reminds me that my priority each day is to remain in him.  I'm a passionate person, I feel joy and pain with equal intensity.  Today, Jesus  nudges me and tells me that He is constant and unchanging. As humans our emotions may be up or down but Jesus stays constant and true never changing in his desire to love us and speak truth into our lives.  There is nothing I can do to gain/achieve a divine relationship with Jesus; I need only to remain in him.

Bev

0 comments:

 
Hands on Seeds Blog Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template